The Courier Post Reports: Camden County parks offer free fun all summer
A visit to the park is always a good bet. But Camden County is making the traditional outing even more appealing with a number of concerts, movie nights and other events.
The highlights this summer will be the Celebrate America Concert and Fireworks on July 6 and the Xponential Music Festival from July 26 to 28 featuring Bob Dylan and Wilco. Both events will take place at Wiggins Waterfront Park in Camden.
Mark your calendar for these other park events:
• The Twilight Concert Series at Cooper River Park that features acts such as Beatlemania Now on June 27 and Sara Spicer Country Band on July 19.
• The Sundown Music Series at Haddon Lake Park, with Peter Yarrow performing June 19 and Loudon Wainwright III on Aug. 7.
• Lindenwold Park’s Friday Family Fun Nights with various activities followed by movies under the stars.
• Nature Talks and Walks series led by Mike Hogan of South Jersey Land and Water Trust held at the Camden County Environmental center at 1301 Park Blvd. in Cherry Hill
• Cirque du Soleil’s “Totem,” which continues along the Camden Waterfront through June 30.
• Food Truck Fridays at the Adventure Aquarium all summer long.
• Walks and runs including the Suicide Prevention Walk on Aug. 4 and the Make-A-Wish’s Annual Walk for Wishes on Sept. 29.
• Pointe Black and Bettye Lavette at the 22nd Annual Sunset Jazz Series June 24-Aug.19 at Wiggins Waterfront Park.
For more on these events, go towww.camdencounty.com/parks/features/events-parks
Camden County parks also have facilities that can be reserved, including baseball fields, volleyball courts and picnic groves by calling (856) 216-2173. Permit fees are waived for county residents.